3.09.2009

day 72


Stone Monuments.
I love reading in Joshua how the Israelites set up stone monuments as reminders of what God had done for them. Here is the beginning of our own collection of stone monuments, each one documenting God's faithfulness in our lives. On each stone I have documented the trial that God provided through. Sometimes, it's by way of financial provision and other times its a new direction or a closed door, perhaps even just His perfect peace and sustaining grace. It's my desire that as the stones add up in numbers, we would be reminded, as a family, how great our God truly is. Each time we face another trial or difficulty, (because they will always come on this side of heaven) we can look to our stones as a reminder of the miracles He has performed, grace He provided, and direction He gave. What an encouragement to place our trust in Him over and over again.

For the record, I really needed to have this displayed tonight as it was a very trying day. But I realize now in the quietness of the evening, He was here all along. I just chose not to call out to Him and instead foolishly tried to work through it on my own.
Foolish girl.

4 comments:

Momofboys said...

this is so encouraging and such a tangible way to remind yourself how great our God truly is! thanks for sharing this...maybe we all need to have our own "stone monuments"...

Jonalee said...

What a wonderful idea! I love it! And your humility too. It is sweet to behold.

Good job keeping up with 365, btw!

love you!

Debra said...

I have a jar filled with rocks. I did this same thing a couple years ago. Seeing yours reminded me that we need to be back in the practice of that. Noticing the God moments in a tangible way. The rocks will be overflowing! :)

Room to Think said...

i love this! will start it...hmmm, could you include more photos of your home? Catching bits of it here and there and so far it looks fabulous!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed