
Spring Egg Hunt. The idea was swiped from a mother I have great respect for, Linda Riggall. Her and Rick have 3 grown sons. The twins were in Chelten Baptist's Youth Group when Shawn and I were leaders. Mike, Craig and Jeremy - great boys! Now they're grown with their own families. Eeeps! I suppose that makes me old. She had told me long ago when Joseph was just a baby that she avoided the whole Easter Egg and Bunny by celebrating the first day of Spring instead. Disclaimer: Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with the Easter Bunny. It's just a choice that we've made for our family.
So anyway, some years we have Spring Baskets filled with all the Easter goodies that are available in the stores and some times I just do an egg hunt. Here are the boys searching for eggs yesterday afternoon. I hid 16 sports themed basketballs. Made it much easier to keep track of the eggs still in hiding. They had found all but one egg when I got the idea to re-hide some of the found eggs. Heh heh. They were counting and keeping track of the eggs so it didn't take long for them to realize something was up. When Joseph realized it was me, he busted up laughing.
Elijah, on the other hand - well, let's just put it this way - was less than amused.
Oh bother.
1 comment:
definitely a middle child thing...aaron would have been all up in arms over the whole ordeal too! so funny! like your idea and i'm sure they had fun =)
Post a Comment