
Well, I can now say with tremendous satisfaction, that I saw this project through to completion. What a great experience it was to track our family each day of the week, for 12 months. Now we have a year captured and will be able to enjoy looking over it in the years to come. But I must say that I'm relieved that it's over, as it took some diligence and dedication.
FYI - Becky Higgins has created another project if you're interested. It's called Project Life. Did I get one? Nope. As much as I wanted one, I resisted. I'm embarking on another project of sorts. The Thousand Gifts. Since first hearing about it, it's peaked my curiosity. I thought now would be a great time to start recording all that we are grateful for in each of our lives. We will take this on as a family project, working together to record the gifts of the Father. I've purchased a simple journal for us to record each gift and my hope would be to surpass 1,000! Without a doubt, if we look at life through eyes of gratitude, I'm convinced that our perspectives will change and our hearts will overflow with thankfulness for all that we've received through our loving Father's hand.
I will not be creating a new blog for this project. However, that doesn't mean I won't be sharing a gift here and there on our family blog.
Thanks for joining us this past year as we documented our life - one day at a time!
9 comments:
congratulations lisa!... you did really good and accomplished this project, and I, for one, enjoyed following along with you. i think your new family project... recording the gifts of our Lord! is a great idea, one that we could ALL take on as a project, maybe not on paper but in our hearts.. rcalling daily those things He blesses us with. would surely make for a thankful heart!
be not on paper) but in our minds, the Lord's constant and daily gifts to us
sorry about the goof in my last message.. having trouble putting the words together!
no goofs, mom. i loooove you! #1 - grateful for my parents.
as i said in my other post it truly has been a pleasure to check in and see what is going on in your family this year...i know you will treasure it for a lifetime!
Thank you for sharing your 365. I stumbled upon your blog nearly a year ago when I was looking for ideas for my own 365!It has been very inspirational to see how you share your faith and family life in a few short sentences each day. What a witness you are to those around you and the legacy you give to the world in the boys you are raising! Thank you for sharing your 365, your family and your faith with us each day.
emily - thank you so much for your kinds words of encouragement and for following along. I didn't even know you were there! please feel free to keep in touch with me - any time! lisaQshay@gmail.com
i cherish the few friends i've made through the world of blogging. it is such a blessing to find sisters in Christ that I would've never met otherwise. blessings to you! lisa
claud...you're such a faithful follower. i'll do my best to keep you entertained over the 5 nc shays!
been waiting patiently for the last two days :)
jay! i'm finished. i didn't start on Jan. 1 of 2009. started on a sunday in dec. silly nephew. you are officially released from waiting.
Post a Comment